Welcome To Mater School of Nursing
This is the official website of Mater Misericordiae Hospital, School of Nursing Afikpo in Ebonyi State, Nigeria. It is a hospital owned and managed by the Catholic diocese of Abakaliki. It was founded in 1946 by Saint Patrick's missionaries to solve medical needs of the society. Mater hospital Afikpo is located at the new site ozizza road in Afikpo, making it an interesting place for tourism in Ebonyi State.
The hospital has accredited schools of nursing and midwifery to her credits as way to educate those who want to be professional nurses and midwives. Mater hospital is big and well fenced with all the facilities needed within the compound, that is why some people refer to her as a community of its own.
The Objectives Of The Programme
- To produce nurses that can harness their cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains to function effectively within the nursing profession anywhere.
- To teach the student nurses professional skills based on the holistic view of man.
- To produce nurses who are dynamic, sympathetic, empathetic and versatile enough to cope with the challenges in their profession.
- To produce nurses who can apply knowledge of biological, physical and behavioural sciences in assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care (concepts of nursing process).
- To develop awareness for ‘research in nursing’ among the student nurses and provide the foundation for the actualization of this concept, through supervised research projects.
- To produce nurses who will display positive attitude in patients/clients/community care, and amongst other health team members.
“Nursing Education and Service in Love, Excellence and Dignity”.
You are welcome to school online. Feel free to surf our web pages to know more about our school and the values therein. In case of any question, you can contact via the contact us page and also via facebook